- MASSAGE TREATMENTS
- CONTACT US
Reflexology & Infertility
What is Infertility?
When a couple have been free of contraception and actively trying to conceive for 12 months (or 6 months if the woman is over 35 years), and no pregnancy has resulted. Infertility affects up to 1 in 6 couples. Complimentary therapies such as Reflexology are very popular and extremely successful.
- No medical reason has been found
- Can be reassuring but mostly frustrating
- Accounts for 20% of all cases in Infertility
- Emotional/Psychological reasons
- A cause not found with tests
At Holistic Touch the treatment process for infertility relies on a multi-pronged approach that uses reflexology coupled with dietary and other lifestyle changes to achieve a positive outcome.
The first step is for both partners to change their diets to a well-balanced and nutritious one consisting of plenty of fruits, vegetables, cereals and lean meats. Overweight clients are encouraged to follow a low calorie, low fat diet in order to lose excess weight. This is an important step since excess weight can negatively impact fertility levels.
Regular exercise also plays a large role in helping the client lose weight and keep fit, essential pre-requisites for enhancing fertility.
Holistic Touch will schedule regular massages, the frequency of which will depend on the cause of the infertility. We will massage the areas of the feet and hands that correspond to the reproductive organs. In cases that are idiopathic, it is recommended that both partners be treated.
Specific attention will be paid to the reflex points corresponding to the:
- Pituitary gland - This gland regulates the hormones that regulate a woman’s menstrual cycle and play an important role during pregnancy
- Hypothalamus - This region of the brain controls the actions of the pituitary gland
- Thyroid gland - The correct functioning of this gland affects fertility
- Solar plexus - Pressure to the corresponding reflex point helps relieve stress
- Ovaries and testicles - These organs produce the sperms and ova which are essential for reproduction
- Fallopian tubes - Obstructed fallopian tubes are one of the leading causes of infertility
- Uterus - A healthy uterus is essential for a viable pregnancy
- Prostate gland - Produces seminal fluid that helps to carry the sperm to the egg
- Reflexology -
- Reflexology & Infertility -
- Maternity Reflexology -
- Infant Reflexology -
- Holistic Swedish Massage -
- Indian Head Massage -
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage -
- Baby Massage -
Book an appointment
Call Teresa on 087 9933798
Gift Vouchers Available
Our Gift Vouchers make an ideal gift for any
occasion and can be used for all our treatments.